Functional Title Finance Assistant Duration & Period 12 months (Subject to extension) Assignment & Location Bangkok (APTN Office)
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, respects, and protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional network, APTN organises program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Admin and Finance Officer in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions, and other assignments related to Finance and Accounting and report to Administrative and Finance Officer. This is a one-year full-time position, based at APTN’s office in Bangkok.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Finance and Accounting
· Prepare disbursements documents according to policies
· Process banking transactions
· Ensures all documents are reviewed and approved with complete appropriate supporting documents before processing for payment
· Ensures payments are made in timely manner
· Supports APTN staff(s) in payment disbursement on the field when required
· Prepare finance documents and information for accountant to record in the accounting system
· Ensures all finance documents are complete with appropriate supporting documents for audit
· Support Administrative and Finance Officer in the completion of the year-end reports and audits
· Support Administrative and Finance Officer to prepare and submit annual organizational report and related documents to Ministry of Interior, Thailand
· Making staff and program advances, subsequently follow-up and receive all cash returns on staff advances and deposit to the bank
· Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
· Prepare monthly expenditure report according to donor approved budget line
· Review, adhere and monitor project line budgets
· Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the admin and finance officer
· Help oversee and manage project financial disbursement and small grant account
· Review country implementing partners financial report and submitted supporting documents and ensure it meets APTN reporting standard
· Assisting with financial reporting to Executive Director, Thai Foundation Board, Regional Steering Committee and appointed Program Personnel
· Answers question and provide assistance to the Executive Director and treasurers of the TFB and RSC as needed
· Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
· Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities Logistics Support
· Work together with Administrative Assistant to ensure assets are labelled and updated regularly. Others
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrative and Finance Officer.
· Diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent
· Minimum three years of relevant experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
· Have the skill of using QuickBooks
· Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software
· Planning, problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
· Familiarity with international NGO principles and practices
· Professional and courteous
· Experience in working in international environment is an advantage
· APTN working language is English. Fluent command in written and spoken English and Thai are required.
Trans people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your CV, Cover letter along with your application by 31 March 2017 and send it to APTN at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title "Application for Finance Assistant Position". The position will be closed once a suitable candidate has filled the post.